Lost in the Movies: #WatchlistScreenCaps 2/12 - 2/24

#WatchlistScreenCaps 2/12 - 2/24


Every time I watch a DVD or stream a film online, I'm going to screen-cap it, and share the link on Twitter. You can read about this new feature here, and all my #WatchlistScreenCap tags, including ones following this post, will be gathered here.

I'll leave it to readers/followers to guess the film (sometimes it will be obvious) but after I've seen ten, I will round up all the recent screen-caps in a blog post, this time with attribution. Here is my first entry, covering the DVDs or online videos watched between February 12 and February 24.



Silver Linings Playbook (2012), dir. David O. Russell
viewed February 12, 2013
"Dug mellow-funk Philly vibe. Not entirely convinced, but low expectations exceeded."

 Nightfall: 100 Years of Vampire Films (2010), dir. J. Balazs
viewed February 13, 2013
"Tired last night, so went for this 60-min doc. Cheesy execution, cool clips."

 Nightmares in Red, White and Blue: The Evolution of the American Horror Film (2009), dir. Andrew Monument
viewed February 14, 2013
"Good clips, but Freddy Krueger = metaphor for National Debt? Color me skeptical."

 My Bloody Valentine (1981), dir. George Mihalka
viewed February 15, 2013
"Not many horror films can boast a Canadian country theme song. Apropos yesterday..."

 Superman: The Movie (1978), dir. Richard Donner
viewed February 15, 2013
"About 5 movies in 1. Overambitious perhaps, but I miss overambitious blockbusters."

On February 18, I watched seven films in a viewing marathon to celebrate Criterion's free streaming on Hulu. I screen-capped the movies and wrote paragraphs instead of sentences in a piece called "The Criterion-Hulu Marathon (live-blogging)"

Banjo: The Woodpile Cat (1979), dir. Don Bluth
viewed February 21, 2013
"Some solid animation, but story's more outline than plot. Feels like dry run for his 80s spree."

 Away From It All (1979), dir. John Cleese, Clare Taylor
viewed February 23, 2013
"'Here certainly we have peace, and tranquility, and also, more of those fucking gondolas.'"

 Asparagus (1979), dir. Suzan Pitt
viewed February 23, 2013
"I suspect this film was made in an insane asylum. I will never look at asparagus the same way."

 The Solar Film (1980), dir. Elaine & Saul Bass
viewed February 23, 2013
"Despite title, more about industrialization & subsequent malaise than making case for solar."

 The Sun's Burial (1960), dir. Nagisa Oshima
viewed February 24, 2013
"Sweaty, violent look at lowlives and crooks. Hard to follow at 1st, but striking & vivid."

Follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Search This Blog