Lost in the Movies: Lost in the Movies turns 7

Lost in the Movies turns 7



I don't usually blog on Thursdays (except for last week's delayed True Detective episode) but today is the seventh anniversary of Lost in the Movies, so what the hell. Plus I've long been looking for an excuse to post this cool picture from Celine and Julie Go Boating.

I don't have too much to say, just thanks for reading, viewing, commenting (or lurking), and especially for sharing my work with others over the past, um, 7/10 of a decade. If you're new to the site, or you've only read posts past a certain point, I encourage you to explore my archives through the following options (all fully updated as of today):


(click on an image to visit the post where it was featured)


(in order of film/TV release date)

(exploring films released 10-100 years ago on a given date)


(recently reformatted)


If you're still hungering for more commemorative content, and don't mind extremely excessive meta-musings, check out my 5th anniversary retrospective of the blog's history.

And perhaps most importantly, because this is about the future as well as the past, I encourage you to view my most recent work, Across the Threshold with Maya Deren, a short video essay juxtaposing images from Deren's wild avant-garde dreamscapes with the clever words of Arthur Eddington, a physicist who memorably framed the quantum reality of taking a single step.

I will be officially posting the video here on Monday along with some further commentary on the ideas that motivated it but for now, if you like it, share the Vimeo link.

The blogosphere has changed quite a lot in seven years (to the point where, with all the social media outlets and multiple fronts, I'm not sure it even makes sense to call it the "blogosphere" anymore). But we're still here, with much more to come.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please allow me to give a shout and to thanks a lot for Your awesome blog, Sir. Happy anniversary! :) R.

Joel Bocko said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Happy Birthday! Keep up the good blogging!

Joel Bocko said...

Thanks!

Jeff Pike said...

Congrats, Joel, great work!

Joel Bocko said...

Thanks - and congratulations on your upcoming 9th!

Search This Blog